Since the disease of psoriasis is still considered incurable, all experts are looking for the most optimal approaches to ensure that at least for a long time it calms the irritated state of the pathology. For this, such means as surgery are already used, and not just the use of tablets, injections or ointments. To identify the most effective remedy for psoriasis for all patients at once, it is still necessary to conduct a number of studies. Therefore, doctors individually select each patient for psoriasis treatment, in order to minimize side effects and achieve a stable positive result.
Briefly about the disease
Psoriatic disease ("psoriasis", "squamous lichen") is a disease of a non-infectious inflammatory nature that has characteristic signs and characteristics: poorly tolerated and contained itching, burning on the skin, swelling with papule formation or intense growth of red plaques with suppuration or sulfuric plaque. Both young children and adults are exposed to such misfortune - age characteristics do not play a role here. The search for the causes and their elimination are now being studied, analyzed and tested. Therefore, the use of one or another method of neutralizing psoriasis on the body will always be complex.
Additional information.When choosing a method of treatment or a drug, they are also always guided by the preferences of the patient, how it is more convenient for him to take the course: taking drugs orally, applying them externally or combining methods.
How to treat psoriasis on the body: ointments and medicines?
Selecting the right tools that will truly help the patient will largely depend on a number of different characteristics and circumstances.
Doctors will look for the most effective treatment, first of all, focusing on the following points:
- general condition and well-being of the patient;
- the duration of the disease;
- its varieties;
- what is the form of the pathology course;
- recorded (or unrecorded) exacerbations;
- what concomitant deviations from the health norm are present;
- age of the patient;
- the presence of disease in his relatives;
- individual characteristics, indicators and parameters of the body.
Above all, specialists in the field of orthodox (classical) medicine recognize precisely the complex approach to the treatment of this disease. Anything that can be applied that, in one way or another, has already helped or helped those who have improved a lot and for a long time. It is worth highlighting the basic effective methods for the treatment of psoriasis, psoriatic dermatitis, which consist of a whole series of manipulations and drugs.
Then, the doctor will prescribe ointments, medicines or procedures from the following main list of methods:
- Creams - most often they belong to the group of the most effective and easy to apply means. Of these, the most popular:
- almost all options in which vitamin D is present in the composition;
- Ointments - are hormonal and non-hormonal. The first options cope with activity faster, but affect the human hormonal background. The latter are less safe in terms of hormones, but act slower.
- Gel substances - well relieve inflammation, remove toxins, can be both special and universal.
- Therapeutic aerosols, sprays - they greatly block the emergence of new foci, and also serve as an excellent prevention during the period of remission. The main ones are the following:
- with zinc pyrithione;
- Chinese antiseptic (can be used every day).
- Cosmetic, healing, essential and even edible oils soften the skin, act as a good antioxidant, and some of them are ready to heal wounds quickly (especially sea buckthorn oil).
- Homeopathic direction - always assigned individually.
- Special body care products - shampoos, soaps, milks, lotions.
- Herbal therapy: they can be not only tinctures to drink or rub, lotions, applications, but also baths, the use of herbal extracts in saunas, baths, when the skin is more softened and hydrated.
- Chinese medicine.
- Pills, injections - many options are used, and they are prescribed strictly by a specialist.
Note!None of the medications offered for psoriasis are not yet able to cure the disease in full and for the rest of your life.
Preparations for psoriasis on the body for different cases
You can also note separately which one is better to choose a remedy for psoriasis on the body, its various parts. For example, you can't put cream on your head - that's a fact! So you should be more careful about the means that the doctor prescribes and stop at the most optimal ones. For legs or arms, there are special approaches to treatment.
How to get rid of the disease on the head?
The gels are excellent for their soothing and cooling effect on overheated irritated skin. But most often they use a simple and familiar way - wash your hair with a specialized shampoo.
To do this, you can purchase such shampoos:
- Cosmetic, with healing effect;
- antifungal drugs;
- Shampoo for children.
How to treat irritation of the hands?
For the treatment of nails, the doctor will always prescribe a gel in addition to other drugs - its effect lies in the fact that it is able to gently eliminate the inflammatory process. Essential or medicinal oils perfectly heal wounds and soften the skin, purifying it.
Pay attention to the following options:
- excerpt from the series;
- celandine oil;
- for wound healing - sea buckthorn, plantain, tea tree, cumin (black) and others.
We often work with our hands, do something, so they are often exposed to the external environment. Experts believe that the most effective remedy for psoriasis of the hands is ointments, gels and creams in combination with oils between the intake of a special substance. Not only can these psoriasis medications soothe the skin of the hands or joints, but they can also make wax baths. Now, for this, they have even released special devices with medical wax, in which the hands are heated to a certain temperature (up to 50-60˚С).
Is there a cure for foot psoriasis?
Gels are great for soothing leg psoriasis, not only with skin lesions, but also with affected joints. In addition, the treatment of psoriasis on the feet or knees is much milder if the following types of oils are used:
- tea tree;
- oregano and others.
For reference.Do not forget that the use of various oils, especially essential oils, can cause allergies. Therefore, test each oil on a separate area of the skin before using it.
Effective treatment of psoriasis - 2 radical approaches
Among the latest technologies of medicine there are several options for a radical approach to the treatment of psoriatic irritation with a lasting effect. Doctors note one such effective treatment: small bowel valve surgery, which can solve problems with good results for several years to come. The second approach is described below.
You can quickly get inside the patient when the question of solving the very root of the problem is ripe. One of the pathogenic areas where the fire of pathogenic bacteria flares up the most is the intestine. And where there are a lot of harmful bacteria, a large amount of toxins are formed there, which affect the development of the disease. By cleansing the intestines or having a beneficial effect on it, a large accumulation of pathogenic microflora can be avoided. Such an effective treatment of psoriasis by surgery has not only its creator, but also its approach and principle.
The famous surgeon - creator of the technique - achieved excellent results when he began to carry out his operations on psoriasis patients. The principle of the approach is as follows: if you cleanse the intestine and then work on the small intestine in the area of its valve, the valve is restored, the intestine will more actively perform its cleansing functions of the body. Problems such as bowel failure or valve dysfunction are often overlooked. Whereas this could be the major cause of the problem. After all, no matter how clean your intestines are, if the valve can't make it, then everything is in vain.
In terms of effectiveness, this method is now in second place along with other approaches, after the most potent drugs with long-term effects. There is no need to transplant anyone's skin anywhere, no need to scalp the plates! In terms, the therapeutic effect after the operation occurs within 2-3 months (in rare cases, after 4 months). The body is restored and the patient can become completely healthy over a period of 4-5 years. If he continues to adhere to strict rules regarding his diet, active lifestyle and other preventive recommendations from doctors, the recovery time can even increase to 7 years or more.
For reference.Most often, such an operational plan is now being carried out in Germany and Israel by leading specialists of clinical notes.
Another method that can be considered radical is the exposure of the patient to ultraviolet radiation of a narrow band (311 nm). Doctors call this "phototherapy". A special device is used for the procedure - narrowband therapy lamps. The whole procedure takes about 10 minutes (sometimes even less). But it is recommended to carry out about a dozen such sessions so that the effect is already visible. There are no particular side effects in treated patients. The result is a stable remission period. Now such lamps appear more and more in clinics, including public ones, which indicates the growing popularity of the method and its increasing availability.
Important!This psoriasis treatment method shows equally effective results for both light-skinned people and owners of dark-skinned patients.
What is the best remedy for psoriasis today?
Today, an ointment from a Canadian manufacturer is recognized as one of the innovative drugs for getting rid of such dermatological ailments in patients. The drug is new, doctors insistently pay attention to its careful use, but at the same time note a stable effect of the cure. Such a remedy for psoriasis is now rightfully registered as the best of ointments.
The features of the tool are as follows:
- The composition of the preparation is developed on the basis of vitamin D, calcitriol.
- In 85% of subjects out of a total of 800 people suffering from various types of psoriasis, after 18 weeks of daily use, all manifestations of the disease decreased by 50-70%.
- It has not been tested on children, so until the age of 18 they should not use such a remedy.
- The instrument continues to undergo the final test.
- The manufacturer's primary caveat is not to:
- staying in the sun for too long;
- use the ointment together with diuretics;
- apply to people diagnosed with calcium metabolism disorders.
But such a drug removes plaques well, after which there are no spots, darkened or thin scars. The effect after using such a medicine lasts for several years.
In summary, we can confidently say that psoriasis treatment does not have a panacea for all cases and for all people. Each patient will have an individual approach. The disease has not yet been fully studied so that everyone can be vaccinated at once, as was once done against smallpox. And, mind you, even from smallpox, they have had hiccups once for a long time about methods and methods of treatment. The most important and comforting thing is that psoriasis can be suppressed for a while. Sometimes even, with the right approach to therapy, it is possible to prolong remission up to 7 years.