A complex systemic disease accompanied by problems on the skin is called psoriasis, the initial stage of the disease does not differ in specific symptoms. Therapeutic therapy gives the best result if done in a timely manner. Doctors note that in a healthy person, cell death occurs after a month. A patient with psoriasis has a short period of skin renewal, which is several days.
What does the initial stage of psoriasis look like, photo
Despite the fact that the disease is not contagious, patients notice impressive damage to the skin, nails and hair. Red eruptions are clearly visible on the epidermis, initially small in size. After a while, papules are formed at the site of inflammation, altered areas of a bright shade, which will protrude above the skin. On their upper part there are silver scales or plates.
Initially, the papules almost do not bother the patient, in rare cases they are distinguished by itching and slight peeling. At the initial stage, the affected area does not exceed a few millimeters, in the future the area can grow up to 10 cm.
Psoriasis can affect different parts of the human body, so it is worth paying attention to the symptoms in different places:
- Face. . . Early development of the disease suggests the presence of psoriatic plaques on the skin around the eyes, eyelids and eyebrows. The area of the nasolabial folds can also be severely affected.In rare cases, the spread of the disease can spread to the mucous membranes of the mouth, cheeks, tongue or lips. Some patients complain that the papules have also affected the lip contour.
- Hairline. . . On the entire surface of the head, large scaly spots are noted, characterized by a large number of scales. They resemble dandruff in appearance. In this case, the hair does not suffer from the disease, the pathology affects only the skin. Patients experience itching, constantly scratching their heads. Red spots are often seen on the neck and ears.
- Hands. . . The palms and the interdigital space can be covered with single papules, which have a pronounced red color. On the reverse side, the manifestation of the disease occurs very rarely. In the presence of pathology at hand, sensitivity problems are noted. Psoriasis often affects the nail plate.
- Elbows. . . At the onset of the disease, the patient notices single plaques with silvery scales. Gradually, degeneration occurs and a continuous area of the affected skin appears.The scales and a thin film peel off easily, after which you can notice a change in color to pink. In some cases, the affected area may bleed.
- Legs. . . Most often, the patient's feet and back suffer from psoriasis, the symptoms are absolutely similar to those that occur on the elbows. The symptom of blood dew is also present in the presence of a solid lesion.
Causes of the disease
Psoriasis is considered to be an abnormal reaction of the body to external stimuli. It provokes the development of a pathological process, which involves too rapid renewal of the skin.
Recently, it is generally accepted that the disease is hereditary. But it is not based on one type of disease, but on several. The reason for the development of psoriasis can be a failure of metabolic processes, problems in the endocrine system, neurological disorders, weakened immunity. But it is absolutely certain that the pathology does not have an infectious nature.
There are no exact reasons for the onset of the disease, but doctors have theories.
According to them, psoriasis is divided into 2 types:
- The disease is inherited due to a malfunction of the immune system. A similar form is found in most patients. Diagnosis usually occurs at an early age, before age 25.
- The disease is not associated with immune problems and cannot be inherited. In this case, it occurs after 40 years, the affected area is the nails and joints.
According to doctors, patients with this disease should exclude the use of alcohol, sweets, salty foods and spicy foods. With the normalization of nutrition, an improvement in the condition of the skin is noted. Extreme heat or cold can also cause a relapse.
Psoriasis is a type of systemic pathology that can spread not only to the skin or the nail plate. The spine, joints, tendons, endocrine and nervous systems often suffer from the disease. In addition, damage to the thyroid gland, kidneys and liver are noted.
Primary symptoms of the disease:
- depression, apathy, depressed state;
- constant fatigue, reduced performance;
- the general condition is weakened.
Due to the fact that there is a complex effect on the body, the pathology began to be attributed to psoriatic disease. The main manifestation is associated with damage to the skin, papules of a bright color grow on the epidermis. The affected area is scaly, itchy and brings obvious discomfort to the patient.
If the top layer of a papule, an inflamed area is touched or deliberately removed, drops of blood may appear.
Early stage psoriasis in children, photo
The disease can also manifest itself in a child, initially the rash is noted in the skin folds. A similar phenomenon is typical for children under 2 years old. In addition, the pathology often develops in places where contact with diapers is noted. Sometimes the disease is confused with diaper rash, but unlike it, in psoriasis, the pathological areas have pronounced boundaries and a brighter color.
Children over 2 years of age already have the same type of papules as adults. Problem areas are characterized by peeling, pathology often affects the limbs. The scalp is affected in old age, similar problems can be found in a child after 10 years. From this period, the symptoms are quite similar to the manifestations of psoriasis in adults.
Most cases of psoriasis in a child occur after he has transferred a staph infection.
How to treat
When early stage psoriasis is detected, the main treatment is not always required. Often, specialists limit themselves to preventive measures.
In order to remove the manifestations of the skin disease, the following techniques are used:
- Cryotherapy is a method of exposure to cold in a pathological area;
- Plasma exchange - purification of the blood composition;
- Ultraviolet therapy: The patient is given short-term sessions, similar to a visit to a solarium. To achieve greater efficiency, the appointment of special means (PUVA therapy) is prescribed.
Note that self-treatment with ultraviolet light is prohibited. Due to the fact that the dosage calculation may be wrong. After all, a small dose is medicine, and getting over it can aggravate the process. The same recommendations apply to sunbathing.
Today it is impossible to completely get rid of the disease. According to doctors, the body retains the memory of the transferred disease, which can manifest itself in the presence of provoking factors. Due to the fact that relapse often occurs unexpectedly, patients need to register with a dermatologist.
If the patient does not have an ongoing process, it is possible to stop the symptoms without the help of official medicine. There are recipes that can get rid of psoriasis, if there is an initial degree.
How to overcome the disease with folk recipes:
- To obtain the conditioner you need 20 chicken eggs from domestic hens. The product is boiled within 15 minutes of boiling. Only the yolk is required from the egg, it is kneaded into a homogeneous gruel. The finished mass is carefully fried in a pan without adding oil.The heat should be low, as the yolk will need to simmer for about 45 minutes. The mixture is removed from the fire and squeezed through gauze, the squeezed oil lubricate problem areas twice a day.
- Papules are treated with freshly prepared juice of celandine. Such manipulation is carried out all summer, it is possible to repeat several seasons.
- To get a complex ointment, you need to take 10 grams of solid oil, 30 grams of fresh honey, 50 grams of birch tar, 10 grams of boric acid and fish oil, as well as proteins from a chicken egg. The mixture is stored in a dark place and the papules are smeared daily.